Himalayan Health & Hearing
- Established in 2009 by Australian volunteers as the HearingNEPAL Program , Himalayan Health & Hearing Inc. now works with service providers in Nepal and other Himalayan countries, delivering primary ear care and hearing services to disadvantaged people wherever we are able . When possible, we collaboratively value add eye and general health checks.
- Himalayan Health & Hearing Inc. is an Incorporated Association with Charitable status and Donor Gift Recipient status in Australia. It is run entirely by volunteers and 100% of funds and equipment donated to the program are used in projects in the Himalayan region.
- To team with other general health service providers to maximize the benefit of our combined efforts to be the catalyst for a better health quality in disadvantaged areas.
- To establish referral pathways for those requiring medical and surgical treatment for ear disease or hearing loss.
- To support and assist local people to deliver Primary Ear Care and hearing rehabilitation at a community level in even remote areas.
- To establish and maintain a supporter base to ensure life for our Vision, both in kind and materialistically.
- In time, to reduce to zero, the dependency on Program founders.